Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fenestra Tarot Deck - Nine of Swords

My first "Primary Deck Reflection" with the Fenestra Tarot deck is with the Nine of Swords. This card has been very reflective of my mental state lately, as I have been worrying and stressing over very small problems.

My first impressions:

The lady here is visibly distressed, crying and curled up. She is very simply dressed, her hair plain and unadorned. She is not wearing shoes, which I see as not having the tools to rescue herself from her situation. She is sitting on a ledge decorated with black waves, as the depths of her dark emotions carry her away. The nine swords that line the wall are thick and heavy, and extend past the frame of the card, which symbolizes that the end of worry is not in sight. The handles look much larger than the woman can handle, and she appears too weak to be able to wield them properly. The wall itself has the gentle shading of a reversed rainbow.

My thoughts:

This is a card of feeling hopeless, and worrying constantly. The nine swords are indicative of the many fears that are attacking all at once, disrupting concentration and causing havoc on the mental state. They appear too large to deal with, and they obscure the beauty of life. When confronted with this card, it makes me feel as if I am too small to deal with the problems at hand. I am caught in the loop of stress and worry, and without means to fix the situation. I am wrapped up in the despair of my own thoughts. While there is no problem that doesn't have a solution, when the Nine of Swords appears, it is time to reflect on the problems that I am avoiding, and how to solve them one at a time. There is no one forcing me to tackle all nine swords at once!

~Kimberlee

Image Credit: Taroteca

2 comments:

  1. That is a good reminder about no one telling you to deal with all nine at once! Great interpretation! When I see this card, for myself, I often remind myself that though the subject is obviously upset and terrified, even, the swords aren't actually doing anything to her, so she may be all worked up for nothing, or more upset than the situation warrants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue coming back to read your brilliant quality blog post content, thanks for this wonderful blog post sharing.INTUITIVE READING.

    ReplyDelete