Monday, April 6, 2009

The Golden Shadow Spread


Yes, after seeing so many recent blog posts featuring this fine spread, I had to test drive it! The initial question is "Where do my highest potentials and abilities lie?" After shuffling, you divide the deck into four piles: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Then you look for the sun card, which will indicate which area contains the most potential.

Mine, surprisingly enough, showed up in the mental category! While I am an intelligent person, I consider myself very emotional, the embodiment of the Queen of Cups. I guess that's why they call it potential, because I have so much room to grow!

Next up is a three card spread with only the cards that were in the mental pile. It's a lot harder to shuffle when the deck is reduced that much!















1. What aids me in developing my highest potential? - 2 of Wands
2. What hinders me in developing my highest potential? - 6 of Swords
3. A possible outcome once I have formed and developed my highest potential. - Strength VIII

The 2 of Wands is a pretty simple one for me. I am good at picking the right path to focus on, and make the right decisions overall. (Although, it may take me awhile, just ask my friends!) Once I do decide, I finally get a grip on my world and am on my way!

6 of Swords is pretty blatant too! I tend to run when the going gets tough, and carry my worries with me. In fact, in this card she even has an extra passenger! I can't run from all my problems, I need to turn around and use my mind to figure out the best course for my life.

Strength is a great outcome here! When I gain control of my full mental potential, I can wrestle any beast! Although in this card, she is more at rest with him, and not struggling. "The lion lays down with the lamb..." and all that jazz. I can look forward to coming to terms with my problems, and dealing with them easily.

8 comments:

  1. It is a good spread thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with them confidently at the very least. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but if we learned to deal 'easily' with our problems then where would the challenge (and the fun!) be???

    'Not struggling' is a very good principle...

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Strength as a possible outcome is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point Lisa. Perhaps instead of "easily" it is more that I will only put out the appropriate amount of energy to tackle problems. Not overdoing, and not throwing up my hands in frustration. I'll have to think over this one a bit, Strength has came up in a lot of readings lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.INTUITIVE READING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can advise.
    INTUITIVE READING

    ReplyDelete